The Healing Our Healthcare Heroes Initiative
Help Us Support Our Healthcare Heroes
The Healing Our Healthcare Heroes Initiative is a year-long healing program that provides frontline healthcare workers the opportunity and time to recover, care for, and connect with themselves to cope with the stress and anxiety of their everyday work, now exacerbated by the fear and unknown of COVID-19.
Hosted by 1440 Multiversity and born out of a debt of gratitude for the tireless efforts of these providers, this restorative three-day, two-night workshop program at the 75-acre nonprofit 1440 Multiversity campus in the Santa Cruz Mountains and accompanying year of online continued-support curricula is offered for free.
It is funded by generous donors, sponsors, and partners in order to support the mental health and physical, emotional, and spiritual rejuvenation of healthcare staff so they can begin to recover from COVID-19- associated stresses.
We sincerely appreciate your consideration to help. No matter the level of giving, each donation makes a significant impact and provides necessary funding to demonstrate our gratitude to the heroes who are working so hard on our behalf. All donors will receive an income tax donation receipt.
1440 Multiversity is a 501(c)(3) operating philanthropic campus, and each financial gift in its entirety – 100 percent – will be used to support the healing of our healthcare heroes.
- A 3-day, 2-night all-inclusive sponsored program offered for free to frontline healthcare workers and their guest.
- Participating frontline healthcare workers will leave with:
- a renewed sense of purpose
- tools that enable processing of grief and beginning healing
- and a sense of deep gratitude from the communities they serve.
- The 12-month online continued-support program will offer participants the ability to further their learning and connection to the subjects they explored during their sessions on campus.
- Some courses will provide CME credits to fulfill hours needed by the healthcare providers.
- Programs are slated to launch in Summer 2020.
- Every dollar given to this initiative will go towards the funding of this program.
- The goal of the Healing Our Healthcare Heroes Initiative is to build a national program of healing that is accessible to those who need it, so the community of healthcare workers can begin to cope with:
- and other personal impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click on the three dots to download the Healing Our Healthcare Heroes PDF.
"Thank you all for taking the mental health of the frontline workers so seriously.
Our providers are doing so many things well: learning about a new, very complex disease quickly; taking extraordinary care of critically ill patients; nurturing anxious families and loved ones of the patients; then soothing the anxiety of their families back home. Their own welfare is something that may be currently on the back burner." – Trauma Surgeon, Santa Clara, CA